Monday, November 19, 2007

Ronaldinho optimistic of facing Peru

Brazil's Ronaldinho, troubled by an ankle injury, said he was confident of facing Peru in Sunday's FIFA World Cup™ qualifier in Lima.

However, the Barcelona player said he would play only if he was fully fit and that he was not prepared to risk aggravating the injury.


"The ankle is not swollen any more but I still feel some pain," he told reporters. "It's in the final stage of treatment. I've had a big improvement, I'm going to continue the treatment, travel with the team and my thinking is that I will play."

Brazil, who have four points from two games in the South American Zone, also face Uruguay at home on Wednesday. "There has been progress every day since I arrived and I intend to play both games," said Ronaldinho.

"But it's not a question of sacrifice. I want to play well here but I also want to return in good shape for my club. They have called every day to see how I'm progressing, I want to be 100 per cent, without pain and with confidence."

Ronaldinho took part in a practice match for 20 minutes on Thursday, but trained alone in the gymnasium on Friday. Diego, Julio Baptista or Elano are the likely replacements if he cannot play.


Source : FIFA

No comments: